There has been quite a bit of discussion concerning the new “Counsel and Share” section in the Come Follow Me outlines for Young Women. I think this is such a wonderful way to get the girls more involved and thinking about what was taught and about others and ways to minister to them. Today I am sharing a wonderful Counsel and Share Young Women Printable that my friend, Aimee White, created to help these counsels go a little smoother.
If you haven’t seen the “Counsel and Share” section in the Come Follow Me outline, it says to: Lead a 5-10 minute discussion about items such as the following:
- Our class: Who is missing today? What visits do we need to make? Who should we invite to an upcoming activity? Who needs our help and prayers?
- Our responsibilities: What assignments do we need to make? What assignments have we fulfilled? How have we invited others to come unto Christ, and how can we invite others now?
- Our lives: Remind the class of the discussion from the last meeting. What experiences have we had with applying what we learned? What experiences have we had this week that strengthened our testimony of the gospel?
I am really liking this new lesson outline, and think it has the ability to create some amazing discussions and opportunities. I also think that Aimee’s printable is a great tool to use for these discussions. We often forget to do things if we don’t have them written down in front of us. I know I need constant reminders to remember to do things (anyone else with me). I love this sheet, and think it will not only help conduct each weekly discussion, but it will help remind us to take time to reflect on these important things.
One of the sections that I’m really excited about is the “Share” section. Each week we are asked to reflect on the previous week’s lesson, but I know I have not done that very often when I teach. What a wonderful way to encourage the girls (and leaders) to apply what they are learning each Sunday. If they know they will be discussing what they did or thoughts they had, then maybe they’ll take a little more time to think about the lesson throughout the week.
Each week they will have time to think about the lesson that was just taught and discuss it as a group. Here is another section that is included at the end of each lesson that goes with the “Share” section. It says: Led by a member of the class presidency; approximately 5–10 minutes
- Ask the young women to discuss any feelings or impressions they had during the meeting. What was meaningful to them? Is there something they can do personally or as a class to apply what they have learned?
- Give the young women a few minutes to record what they will do in the coming week to act on their impressions. Invite them to share their ideas.
- Remind the young women that they will have the opportunity to share their experiences at the beginning of next week’s meeting.
I am so excited to discuss ideas of how we will implement this new “Counsel and Share” into our Young Women group. If we come up with any other great ideas I will be sure to share.
If you would like to use Aimee’s Counsel and Share Young Women Printable, just click the link below to print.
I hope you enjoy Aimee’s printable, and are able to use it for your weekly Counsel and Share discussion. We would love to hear if you do, so leave a comment and let us know.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!
Latest posts by Sheena (see all)
- Young Women Theme Printables – October 10, 2019
- Study Skills & Printables to Improve Your Scripture Study – August 31, 2019
- “The Family: A Proclamation to the World” Printables – June 11, 2019