Hello friends! It’s Marissa from Prickly Pear Design Co. Have you heard? The Mutual Theme for 2018 has been announced! And today, I’m sharing a fun Peace in Me Book of Mormon Reading Challenge that fits the theme perfectly.
The 2018 Mutual Theme scripture is D&C 19:23:
Learn of me, and listen to my words; walk in the meekness of my Spirit, and you shall have peace in me.”
For me, the announcement of the Mutual Theme is a little bit like Christmas. Every year, I memorize the theme scripture, and study the messages I find there. I’m always inspired by the message that the Young Men and Young Women General Presidencies have chosen, and this year was no exception. What a wonderful focus – “Peace in Me”.
I love the fact that this verse acts as an invitation to each of us and it outlines ways that we can find that Peace in Christ. Three simple action words are included in the verse, that we can put to work every single day:
Learn of me (Christ)
Listen to my words (the scriptures & personal revelation, etc.)
Walk in the meekness of my Spirit (follow Christ’s example, serve others, act on the promptings we receive from the Holy Ghost, etc.)
The best way I can think of to Learn, Listen, and Walk is to read the scriptures and seek for inspiration. So what better way to do that then with a Book of Mormon Reading Challenge!
The Peace in Me Reading Challenge is great way to inspire youth to read their scriptures, keep the 2018 theme top of mind all next year, or introduce the theme to them at the beginning of 2018. (Not to mention they can use challenge to help them complete their Personal Progress Honor Bee!)
Here’s what you’ll need to put together the Peace in Me Book of Mormon Reading Challenge:
- Download the PDF file below that includes the bookmarks and Book of Mormon Reading Tracker
- Print, cut, and give to your Young Women, youth, or even a scripture study group.
- Make the challenge. It can be broad (read the entire Book of Mormon) or specific (while reading the Book of Mormon look for ways to find/receive Peace in Christ).
- Print these on your home color printer or send them to your local copy shop.
- I recommend using the highest print settings and printing on bright white cardstock.
Stop by Prickly Pear Design Co. to snag more free printables for Young Women, Relief Society & just because. Every month I release a Young Women Come Follow Me Handout kit that has additional ideas for Mutual Activities and Visiting Teaching printables to make visiting your sisters that much easier.
Here are a few of my recent favorites:
Thanks so much for stopping by. I’d love to hear how your Peace in Me Book of Mormon Reading Challenge goes, so leave a comment letting me know. Have a great day!
Latest posts by Marissa Farnsworth (see all)
- Temple Dedication Handkerchief Craft: A Perfect Activity for a Young Women’s Mutual Night or Activity Day Girls – October 3, 2017
- A Young Women Value Study Guide for General Conference – Great Personal Progress Idea – September 19, 2017
- Mutual Theme 2018 Book of Mormon Reading Challenge – Reading Tracker & Bookmark – August 15, 2017