Hey everyone! It’s Natalie here with a new, holiday design of my Random Acts of Kindness Cards. I’m so excited to share these with you and provide a way to enhance your service for the Light the World initiative.
Love and generosity abound during the holiday season. We want to share kindness and brighten the lives of others. I love how this year the Light the World initiative from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is broken down into weekly efforts to offer service. A calendar has been provided with ideas of ways you and your family can Light The World, Light Your Community, Light Your Family, and Light Your Faith. Each week we can prayerfully decide how to provide meaningful service.
These Random Acts of Kindness Cards can help add a special touch for each week’s service. Let me show you how!
Light The World
- Attach Random Acts of Kindness Cards to donated supplies for victims of a natural disaster.
- Take a treat with a Random Acts of Kindness Card to a refugee family and sit and visit with them.
- Take a picture of yourself with someone who is an example of Christlike service holding the Light the World Random Acts of Kindness Card. Share the photo and a short message on social media.
Light Your Community
- Pay for someone’s meal at a restaurant and ask that a Random Acts of Kindness Card be given to the recipient along with their receipt.
- Attach a Random Acts of Kindness Card to a donated toy for a children’s hospital.
- Place Random Acts of Kindness Cards on cars in a parking lot, lockers at school, or in shopping carts at a store.
Light Your Family
- Include a Random Acts of Kindness Card in a handwritten note to a family member.
- Use Random Acts of Kindness Cards as place cards for a family dinner.
- Leave a Random Acts of Kindness Card where you have performed an act of service (on a made bed, dusted bookshelf, empty dishwasher, etc.)
Light Your Faith
- Write an invitation for someone to join you at a Christmas worship service on the backside of a Random Acts of Kindness Card.
- Use a Random Acts of Kindness Card as a bookmark for scripture study.
- Visit a temple or other religious site and leave behind a Random Acts of Kindness Card for someone to find.
For more service ideas and other designs you can see my original Random Acts of Kindness Cards post here. I’d love to see how you use these to help Light the World this season. Comment below with your unique ideas, tag me on Instagram, or tag Little LDS Ideas on Facebook.