Sharing Time Ideas from the 2016 Outline
Encourage understanding: Divide the children into groups, and give each group a piece of paper with the following scriptures:
“Verily, verily, I say unto you, I will impart unto you of my Spirit, which shall enlighten your mind, which shall fill your soul with ______” (D&C 11:13).
“If ye will enter in by the way [baptism], and receive the Holy Ghost, it will ______ unto you all things what ye should do” (2 Nephi 32:5).
“The Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, … shall ______ you all things, and bring all things to your ______, whatsoever I have said unto you” (John 14:26).
“Put your trust in that Spirit which leadeth to do ______—yea, to do justly, to walk humbly, to ______ ______; and this is my Spirit” (D&C 11:12).
“And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may ______ ______ ______ of all things” (Moroni 10:5).
Ask the children to look up the scriptures and fill in the blanks. Then have them discuss what these scriptures teach about how the Holy Ghost can help us. Invite them to share experiences when the Holy Ghost has helped them.
Scriptures: It is important for children to learn gospel truths from the scriptures (see TNGC, 50–51). Invite the children to point to each word as you read a scripture out loud. Ask younger children to listen for a specific word or phrase and raise their hands when they hear it.
Encourage application: Tell the children that the Holy Ghost helps us in many ways. Sing “The Holy Ghost” (CS,105). Ask the children to raise their hands when they sing about a way the Holy Ghost can help them. Stop the song and discuss what they learned about the Holy Ghost. Continue singing and discussing. Share a time when the Holy Ghost has comforted or guided you.
Sharing Time Ideas from Little LDS Ideas
For this week’s Sharing Time Idea I am using an idea/outline that I shared back in 2011. It goes right along with the outline, but the children will be matching an item to the missing word from each scripture. I have included different ways to play this fun activity, printables, and an outline for you to print off and use. Enjoy!
I really love to include the scriptures into each Sharing Time, but sometimes I like to add a little something to keep the children interested (especially for Jr. Primary). For my idea you will be choosing an item or picture for the missing word for each scripture given in the outline. Here are some examples I thought of:
• D&C 11:13– ‘Joy’: have an Almond Joy candy bar or a happy face (you could find happy face stickers, a happy face ball, etc). If you use an Almond Joy or sticker you could have enough for each child. Attach a note with the scripture.
• 2 Nephi 32:5– ‘show’: I thought you could use a flashlight for this because flashlights can show us the way in darkness. You can have a real flashlight or a picture of a flashlight.
• John 14:26– ‘teach’ & ‘remembrance’– I would only use one object for one of the words, probably ‘teach’. I was thinking of something that had to do with school or a teacher. You could have a picture of a teacher or school or you could even do Smarties (candy), unless that would be too hard to understand.
• D&C 11:12–‘good’, ‘judge’, & ‘righteously’: Once again chose one word for this scripture. If you choose ‘good’ you could have a picture of ‘thumbs up’; you could use a Mr. Goodbar (candy); or you could have a picture that shows someone doing something bad, and put a big ‘X’ through it and beside it have a picture of someone doing something good. If you use ‘judge’ you could use a gavel or a picture of a judge.
• Moroni 10:5– ‘know’ & ‘truth’: If you use the word ‘know’ you could have a picture of someone pointing to their head, or a picture of someone bearing their testimony (I know….). If you use ‘truth’ you could have ‘true or false’ boxes with the ‘true’ checked.
Holy Ghost Sharing Time
You can split the Primary into 5 groups or go over each of the scriptures together. I thought it would be great to have the scripture verses written or typed onto pieces of paper, so I created some “Scripture Verse Posters” for you to use as well.
Pass one poster out to each group, or have them posted on a bulletin/chalkboard for the children to see.
If you decide to do it as a group, write down the scripture references onto pieces of paper and hide them around the Primary room OR place them inside small boxes/gifts and talk a little bit about the Holy Ghost being a precious ‘gift’. Invite a child up to the front and have them open a gift to reveal the first scripture. Have them read the scripture aloud, and then match the appropriate item to the scripture. Continue until all the gifts have been opened and all the items have been matched.
This is just a peek at my Holy Ghost Sharing Time Idea for this week. You can read the full outline of my Holy Ghost Sharing Time idea by downloading and printing the outline below!
I hope you enjoy the Holy Ghost Sharing Time Idea that I shared today, and are able to use it in your Primary OR at home for Family Home Evening. I would love to hear if you do, and how it goes so be sure to leave me a comment. 🙂
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day & a great Sharing Time!
Latest posts by Sheena (see all)
- Counsel and Share Young Women Printable – September 22, 2018
- 2018 Primary Program Script – September 18, 2018
- September 2018 Weeks 3 and 4 Sharing Time Idea: When I Serve Others, I Serve God – September 12, 2018