- “Verily, verily, I say unto you, I will impart unto you of my Spirit, which shall enlighten your mind, which shall fill your soul with ______________________.” (Doctrine & Covenants 11:13)
- “If ye will enter in by the way [baptism], and receive the Holy Ghost, it will __________________ unto you all things what ye should do.” (2 Nephi 32:5)
- “The Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost….., shall ______________ you all things, and bring all things to your ________________, whatsoever I have said unto you.” (John 14:26)
- “Put your trust in that Spirit which leadeth to do ______________ – yea, to do justly, to walk humbly, to ______________ __________________; and this is my Spirit.” (D&C 11:12)
- “And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may _______________ ____________________ ________________ of all things.” (Moroni 10:5)
Ask the children to look up the scriptures and fill in the blanks. Then have them discuss what these scriptures teach about how the Holy Ghost can help us. Invite them to share experiences when the Holy Ghost has helped them.
ENCOURAGE APPLICATION (singing a song): Tell the children that the Holy Ghost helps us in many ways. Sing, “The Holy Ghost” (CS, 105). Ask the children to raise their hands when they sing about a way the Holy Ghost can help them. Stop the song and discuss what they learned about the Holy Ghost. Continue singing and discussing. Share a time when the Holy Ghost has comforted or guided you.