As I read Integrity #1 I had an idea!
“Integrity is the willingness and desire to live by our belief and standards. Read Moroni 10:30–33 and think about what it means to ‘deny yourselves of all ungodliness.’
Read the pamphlet For the Strength of Youth. Reflect on how the Lord’s standards differ from the world’s standards. Record in your journal appropriate standards for behavior,
dress, and conversation, as well as literature, movies television, Internet, music, cell phones, and other media. Also write your plan to stay morally clean and worthy to
attend the temple. After keeping your standards for at least one month, record your feelings in your journal and continue to keep your commitment.”
Here is what we did!
Personal Progress S’mores Night
1. I created a month calendar for the girls to keep track of what they were required to do (Integrity #1 is a month long experience; my calendar is at the end of my post).
2. I created cute invitations to hand out to each of the YW.
Here is what mine looked like. If you’d like to use my invites for your own S’more night just right click on the blank invite and click on ‘Save Image As’ and then open it in Word. Then add text boxes to add your own text and information.
3. I bought my S’mores supplies. YUM!
4. The day of the activity I got pieces of candy (Reese’s PB Cups) and labeled each one with a number (1-19; some candies had 2 numbers). The numbers represented each of the chapters in the ‘For the Strength of Youth’. I placed the candies in a bowl.
Night of the Activity
BUT….when used in the wrong way fires can be dangerous. They can be harmful and cause great damage and destruction..
I then compared fires to temptation and to things of the world. There are things in the world that when used in the right way can be very useful, but when used in the wrong way can be damaging to ourselves and our spirits. We need to decide now what our choices will be when faced with temptation. If we get ‘too close’ we may get burned by a bad choice.
As instructed in the Personal Progress booklet we then read through the ‘For the Strength of Youth’. This is where the candy came in. I gave the first girl the bowl of candy and had her choose one piece. She read what number she had and then found the matching chapter in the book and read it aloud (I numbered the chapters before the activity). After we read a chapter, we discussed how the Lord’s standards differ from the world’s standards. We passed around the bowl until all chapters had been discussed.
I then encouraged the girls to record in their journal appropriate standards for behavior, dress, and conversation, as well as literature, movies, television, Internet, music, cell phones, and other media. Then I passed out my monthly calendar and asked the girls to write a plan to stay morally clean and worthy to attend the temple.
Here is what my monthly calendar looked like:
Would you like to have your own S’mores night?
Feel free to print out any of my printables to have your very own Personal Progress S’mores night.
I hope you enjoyed my post today. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful day.
Latest posts by Sheena (see all)
- Counsel and Share Young Women Printable – September 22, 2018
- 2018 Primary Program Script – September 18, 2018
- September 2018 Weeks 3 and 4 Sharing Time Idea: When I Serve Others, I Serve God – September 12, 2018